Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- About AutoSupport and Call Home
- Monitoring the hardware from the Flex Appliance Shell
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Adding a tenant
A tenant is a separate space that a super administrator creates for a specific group of users and for a specific use. Different tenants can be allocated for different user groups. After you add a tenant, you can assign instances to it.
In this version of Flex, all users are assigned to a tenant and are super administrators.
To add a tenant
- From the Home page, click Settings > Tenants.
- Click Add tenant.
- Enter a tenant name and location.
- Complete the following network configuration settings:
The network configuration information that you enter here is used to populate the network information fields when you create a new instance.
Type the domain name for this tenant. You can enter only one domain name.
To enter multiple search domains, type a comma and a space after each search domain.
Type the IP addresses for the name servers for this tenant. To enter multiple name servers, type a comma and a space after each name server.
Type the etc/hosts mapping information for this tenant.
- Click Save.