Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Configuring Call Home
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Viewing Call Home information
An appliance has the ability to send an email to a local administrator when a hardware failure is detected. You can configure the email address that you want to use for hardware failure notifications from the Flex Appliance Shell. The contents of the email identifies the type of hardware failure that occurred and the status of the failure.
This section provides the information that is specific to the settings and configuration for the Call Home feature.
The available information is provided in the following table.
Table: Call Home information
Shows the current Call Home settings
Shows Call Home registration information based on the node hostname
Sends a test to verify that Call Home is functional
Shows the email and the SMTP settings
Tests SMTP and sends an email about hardware data
To view information about Call Home
- Log in to the Flex Appliance Shell, and type any of the following as needed.
show alerts callhome
show alerts callhome-registration <node_name>
show alerts callhome-test
show alerts email
show alerts email-test
- Press Enter after each string to display the information.