Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Configuring Call Home
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Changing a hostadmin user password
Follow these steps to change the hostadmin user password.
You change a hostadmin user password by using the Flex Appliance Shell. For information about accessing and using the Flex Appliance Shell, see the following topic:
To change a hostadmin user password
- Log in to the Flex Appliance Shell, and then type the following:
set user password
- Press Enter.
- Type a new password.
A password must be between 8 and 512 characters, and must contain at least one upper-case letter and one number.