Veritas Flex Appliance Getting Started and Administration Guide
- Product overview
- Getting started
- Modifying settings
- Configuring Call Home
- Managing users
- Using Flex Appliance
- Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository
- Creating application instances
- Managing application instances
- Monitoring the appliance
- Reconfiguring the appliance
- Troubleshooting guidelines
Creating a NetBackup master server instance
Use the following procedure to create a NetBackup master server instance in Flex Appliance.
To create a NetBackup master server instance
- Make sure that the NetBackup master server application you want to use is located in the repository. See Managing applications and upgrade packages in the repository.
- Perform the following tasks if you have not already:
- Gather the following information for the new instance:
Tenant that you want to assign it to
(Optional) NetBackup license key
NetBackup applications come with an evaluation license key. You must add a permanent NetBackup license key before the evaluation key expires. You can add your permanent key when you create the instance to avoid future issues.
If the evaluation key expires before you create the instance, the instance creation fails. Make sure that you have a valid license key before you create an instance.
- From the home page of the Flex Appliance Console, click Create Instance.
- Select the appropriate master server application from the repository list, making sure to verify the version number. Click Next.
- Follow the prompts to create the instance. When you are done, you can view the progress in the Activity Monitor, which is accessible from the left pane of the Flex Appliance Console.
For maximum resize potential, Veritas suggests that you allocate at least 1 TB of storage for the NetBackup catalog. If you allocate less than 1 TB of storage, you cannot resize the storage past 32 TB in the future.
- Once the instance has been created successfully, you must change the password from the known default password. To change the password, open an SSH session to the instance and log in with the following credentials:
User name: appadmin
Follow the prompt to enter a new password.
Do not configure AdvancedDisk storage on a NetBackup master server instance. The NetBackup Administration Console lets you create an AdvancedDisk storage server on a master server instance, but Flex Appliance does not support storage configuration on master server instances. Create a separate NetBackup media server instance if you want to use AdvancedDisk storage.