Veritas™ Appliance AutoSupport Reference Guide
- Product overview
- Call Home security
- Configuring client settings on NetBackup and Access appliances
- Configuring client settings on a Flex appliance
- Using the MyAppliance portal
- NetBackup Product Improvement Program
- Appendix A. Frequently Asked Questions
Registering an appliance
The appliance registration is centralized to the MyAppliance portal.
Registering your appliance is a vital step in allowing Veritas the ability to help maximize availability of your appliance, and provide proactive monitoring support. Registration provides Veritas with accurate contact details and site-specific information, which aids in expediting support, field services, and customer notification of failures.
Registration also provides access to additional reporting capabilities for your appliances, such as:
An overview of all registered appliances
Capacity and utilization details
The ability to update contact and site information
Registration also ensures that you are alerted to product updates and other important information about your appliance.
If your appliance has access either directly or through a proxy to the Internet, the registration details populate automatically. If the appliance is not provisioned, the message to verify and update the appliance registration information is displayed.
To register an appliance from the MyAppliance portal
- Log on to the MyAppliance portal and start the registration process with one of the following methods:
- Input the sources of verification. Only two sources are required to register an appliance.
- Click Next to initiate a search.
- Choose the appliance you want to register.
- Click Next to enter the Register a New Appliance page.
Any field highlighted with an asterisk is compulsory for registration. Move to the next step only after you have entered the required information.
- In the basic information column, input your company name.
- In the Appliance Location column, click the Add New Site button to create a new site.
- In the pop-up dialog box, input the site name, site address and other information.
- In the Select Site filed, choose the site you created .
- In the Contact Information column, click the Add New Contact button to create a new primary contact person.
- In the pop-up dialog box, input contact name, email address, phone number and other information. You can add a total of twenty contacts per appliance.
- In the Select Contact field, choose the contact person you created.
The Receive Call Home transmission failure alert option is checked by default to enable alerts in the event that Veritas has not received a valid Call Home data transmission for over 28 hours. The alert will repeat every 24 hours until a valid data transmission is received.
If you have spam filtering enabled, configure your filtering settings to allow emails from this sender ID: appliance.veritas.com.
Uncheck the option if you no longer want to receive an alert from Veritas for Call Home transmission failure.
- Verify the information and click Submit.
A notification informs you that your appliance is registered successfully.
Upon registration, appliance information including hostname and version are expected to update to the portal. In the event that such appliance information is not displayed, you can try the following actions on NetBackup Appliance or Access Appliance to update it manually.
These steps do not apply to Flex Appliance.
To update appliance information manually on NetBackup Appliance or Access Appliance
- Verify that your appliance has access to Veritas servers either directly or through a proxy.
- Verify that Call Home is enabled by using command Settings > Alerts > CallHome Test in the Appliance Shell Menu.
- Update the appliance information manually using command Support > Collect Inventory in the Appliance Shell Menu.