Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
About the Investigations tab
The Advanced eDiscovery Investigations tab provides access to your own archived emails. Administrators and reviewers can also use this tab to access and review the archived emails of user accounts that they manage.
The following nodes are available from the Investigations tab, depending on your account permissions:
The My Mailbox node is where you can view all of your archived emails, including the emails that were deleted from your email inbox.
Note that when viewing your archived emails, certain Personal.cloud features such as search filters and active folders are not available from Advanced eDiscovery.
The Managed Accounts node is available to users with the Reviewer role, and to administrators with the privilege. The accounts that are assigned to you display when you select the sub-node.
You can use the features available from the Managed Accounts node to conduct initial, probative, or ad hoc investigations, outside of the legal discovery workflow.
See About Investigations.
The Tags & Holds node lets you view and manage the custom tags and the emails with those tags, including those emails with legal hold, that have been applied in the Investigations tab.
The Batch Processes node lets you view the status of email exports that you perform from the Investigations tab.
External reviewers do not have access to the Investigations tab.