Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Configuring Targeted Collection for Enterprise Vault
The Enterprise Vault reactive collector lets your organization collect emails that are associated with your Enterprise Vault. After an administrator configures this collector for your organization, the emails that match the filter criteria can be collected in Advanced eDiscovery.
You must configure the filter criteria for each Enterprise Vault reactive collector. Based on the filter criteria, the Enterprise Vault reactive collector collects the archive-level and vault-level data in Advanced eDiscovery to perform all eDiscovery operations.
You do not need to enable any primary or secondary services to help end users to discover their Enterprise Vault specific data. Customers need to contact Veritas Support to request to enable these services for them. However, you must possess the administrator role to configure the Enterprise Vault reactive collector synchronization in Advanced eDiscovery.
To configure Targeted Collection for Enterprise Vault
- On the Investigations tab, in the left navigation pane, select Targeted Collection.
- Click Add and select the Enterprise Vault collector.
At the time of adding the first collector, the Set up Collection button appears in the middle of the screen. If one or more collectors are already added, the Add option appears.
- On the Collection Information tab, specify the following:
Provide a unique name for this collection.Enterprise Vault.cloud
Enter email to get notification once the targeted collection has finished processing.
- Click Save and Next to navigate to the Filter tab.
- On the Filter tab, do the following:
Specify the date range for collection. The available options are Before, After, and Between.
Vault stores and Archives
Select the appropriate vault stores or archives in which you want to search the data.
Select the All vault stores option to consider all the available vault stores to search emails.
Select the Selected vault store(s) option to select the required vault stores for the selected archives. The Select vault(s) button appears. Click Select vault(s) to search for and select the required vaults for searching emails. You can remove the selection from the same dialog box.
Select the All archives option to consider all the available archives to search emails.
Select the Selected archive(s) option to select the required archives. The Select archive(s) button appears. Click Select Vault(s) to search for and select the required archives for searching emails. You can remove the selection from the same dialog box.
Specify the criteria with the help of keywords. It helps you to restrict searching emails from the selected vault stores and archives.
Use the plus-icon to save the search term and add a new criteria under the Search terms section.
Use the minus-icon to remove an existing criteria.
Specify the file types (Enterprise Vault compatible file extensions such as .pdf, .doc, .zip, and so on) that you want to collect during data collection from Enterprise Vault.
Specify attributes that you want to include in the search configuration.
If you want to provide several attributes, specify either All of or Any of option under the Attribute inclusion section. It determines whether the search results should match any of the attributes or all of them.
- Click Save and Next to navigate to the Send to Cases tab.
- On the Send to Cases tab, do the following:
Send to existing case
If you want to send the search result to a specific case, select this check box. This is not a mandatory field.
However, if you have selected this option, the application displays the list of available cases. Search for and select the cases to which you want to send the search result.
Research set name
Enter the research set name.
- Click Save and Next to navigate to the Review tab.
- On the Review tab, do the following:
Check the configuration information to ensure accuracy.
To modify configuration information, click the corresponding Edit link.
- If the data is correct, click Complete.
The Enterprise Vault reactive collector appears in the Targeted Collections page.
- If the status of the targeted collector is Incomplete, modify the collector configuration. To modify the configuration, click on the targeted collection name.
If the configuration is incomplete, user cannot be sent to case. User cannot remove the previously selected and saved options.
- After successful configuration, if you want to send the data to more cases, click Send to case in the respective row.