Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Sharing exports with the external reviewers
The eDiscovery Administrators can share exported emails batch within that case with the external reviewers during the case review process. External reviewers can access the shared export batches from the Batch Process tab when the shared export is successful.
This feature is available only when the Download Export permission is enabled for the eDiscovery Administrator built-in role. For information on how to enable or disable this feature, see Editing the built-in administrator roles in the Enterprise Vault.cloud Archive Administration Help.
To share the exported emails batch
- Navigate to the Case in eDiscovery and conduct a search using New Search.
- If required, select check box for one or more emails.
- Click Export, and then select an export option.
- Enter the required information in the Export Options dialog. Review the following table for more information.
Select one of the following file formats from the drop-down menu:
EML with EDRM
Msg with EDRM
PST with EDRM
For Clearwell and FTI-Ringtail, do not use export options when exporting emails from the Investigations tab. These options are used for the discovery process and should only be available to export emails from the eDiscovery tab.
Include Journaling Envelope
Select this option to include journaling envelopes, which contain information about email recipients, such as distribution lists.
Enable AES-256 Encryption
Select this option to enable AES-256 encryption.
Enter a name for the export file.
Enter an access password for the export file. The password is required to open the export file after it is downloaded to your computer.
Enter your export password again to confirm.
Click this option to load the list of external reviewers to share export.
This list only displays the external reviewers who are added as reviewers for that case.
- Click Export Items.
- To review the export status, expand the Batch Processes node and select Exports.
Follow your company's security guidelines while manually sharing the export password between Advanced eDiscovery administrators and external reviewers.
After you share the exports with the external reviewer, an eDiscovery Administrator needs to enable the external administrator to see the export. The eDiscovery Administrator must enable the Download Shared Export privilege (under case reviewers) for the external reviewer. This step is done while creating/editing a case.
After the eDiscovery Administrator assigns this privilege to the external reviewer, external reviewers can view the shared exports from the admin.
If eDiscovery Administrator revokes the permission for Download Shared Export, then the external reviewer cannot access the shared exports.