Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Enterprise Vault Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Reviewing emails of cases
To review emails of a case
- From the E-Discovery tab, select the Cases node in the left pane, to display a list of cases.
If you are a reviewer, Advanced eDiscovery lists only those cases to which you have been assigned.
For Discovery Administrators, the list of all cases is also available from the Administration node under > Cases > Case List.
- If you have the required permissions the Hide Completed check box is available above the case list. To list only the active cases, select the check box.
- Select the required case from the list.
Under the Cases node in the left pane a case_name node appears for the selected case.
- Under the case_name node, select Saved Searches > Review Set. The Review Set then lists the associated emails for review. You can view emails in the following scenarios:
When the emails are directly assigned to you.
When you are one of the assigned reviewers, and the Allow Shared Reviews check box is selected while creating a Review Set.
From the list you can select emails to review their content. You can perform actions on a selected email such as change its review status tag, apply a message legal hold, or apply a new tag.
- Open a Review Set to filter the emails based on filter criteria. Select the filters you want to apply. See the following table for more information.
Include Review Set
Click the field and select from your list of review sets to include only the emails from the selected review sets.
Click the field and select the required labels, to include only the emails that have the selected labels applied.
Enter the email sender.
Enter the subject of the email.
Click the field to include emails that have attachments.
Select the attachment type from the drop-down to include emails having that attachment type.
Click the field to include emails that are assigned to the respective reviewer.
Click the field to include emails that are having the corresponding review status.