Veritas Advanced eDiscovery User Guide
- About Veritas Advanced eDiscovery
- Getting started with Advanced eDiscovery
- About the Advanced eDiscovery user interface
- Advanced eDiscovery roles
- About Targeted Collections
- About labels
- About Tags
- About Searches in investigation
- About Mail Reassignment
- Working with the searched collaboration messages
- About Advanced ECA searches
- Case management
- Reviewing and working with emails in eDiscovery
- Email export
- Collaborative reports
- Advanced eDiscovery alerts
- Email Continuity
- Methods for searching cases and accounts
- Boolean operator searches
- Methods for searching tables and reports
- Advanced eDiscovery Frequently Asked Questions
- Best practices, limitations, and known issues
- Advanced eDiscovery updates in previous releases
Case workflow summary: reviewer
The eDiscovery Administrator configures a reviewer's permissions within each case. The roles and permissions that can be granted to reviewers in Enterprise Vault.cloud and Advanced eDiscovery are very flexible. The reviewer process that is described in this documentation is for a typical company setup. Your company may give more permissions to a reviewer if required.
The eDiscovery Administrator typically saves one or more searches based on the criteria of interest for the case, and assigns the results to one or more reviewers for analysis. As a reviewer, when you open a case in Advanced eDiscovery you see the list of emails that are assigned to you for that case.
Table: Process for a reviewer working on a case describes the process to review content in the emails that result from an eDiscovery search within a case.
Table: Process for a reviewer working on a case
In eDiscovery > Cases, open a case.
You see only the cases that are assigned to you.
View the emails that are assigned to you.
Review your assigned emails under thenode. Work through the emails and attachments one by one to assess the content of interest. Your eDiscovery Administrator can inform you of the details to look out for.
You can view emails in the following scenarios:
Review each email for any content that is pertinent to the case.
You can work with each email in the following ways as required:
You can export emails in a variety of formats. For example, you can export contentious emails to an internal HR representative or to an external legal counsel.
You can export emails, view the status of mail exports, and resubmit failed exports.
See Exporting emails.