Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- My Config
- About Office 365 mailbox delegation permissions synchronization
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Box File Archiving
- About Salesforce Chatter Archiving
- About Lync On-Premises Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reporting and Notifications
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Creating a custom role group for the Office 365 Sync account
The Microsoft Office 365 account that performs the Office 365 synchronizations must have certain administrator permissions assigned. You can specify an Office 365 Global Administrator account, but you may prefer to use an account that has only the required permissions. The following procedure describes how to create an Office 365 custom role group that has the required permissions. Any account that you assign to this custom role group can be used as the account that you specify on the Office 365 Config page.
To create a custom role group for the Office 365 Sync account
- Sign in to Microsoft Office 365 as a Global Administrator.
- Click the Admin app to open the Office 365 Admin center.
If you want to create a new user account to assign to the custom role group, perform the following steps:
Under Users > Active Users, click the + icon.
Complete the Create new user account dialog.
You may experience a delay before Office 365 makes the new account available in the Exchange Admin Center.
- In the left menu bar of the Office 365 admin center, expand Admin centers (Admin in the old admin center), and select Exchange.
- In the left navigation pane of the Exchange Admin Center, click Permissions.
- On the admin roles page, click the + icon to add a new role group.
- At the top of the new role group window, enter a role group name in the Name field.
- In the Roles section of the New Role Group window, click the + icon to add the required roles.
- In the Select a Role window, select all of the following roles and then click Add:
- Click Ok to close the Select a Role window and to return to the New Role Group window.
- In the Members section of the new role group window, click the + icon to add an account to the role group.
- In the Select Members window, select the account that you want to make a member of the role group and then click Add.
- Click Ok to close the Select Members window and to return to the new role group window.
- Click Save to save the new role group.
The new role group now appears in the list of Admin Role Groups on the admin roles page. If you do not see the new role group, wait several minutes and then refresh the page. You can use the credentials of any account that is a member of this role group for Office 365 Sync.