Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- My Config
- About Office 365 mailbox delegation permissions synchronization
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Box File Archiving
- About Salesforce Chatter Archiving
- About Lync On-Premises Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Import Data
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reporting and Notifications
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Configuring Office 365 Sync
You must configure Office 365 Sync if you selected the option on the User Management page to manage account provisioning with Microsoft Office 365.
To set up Office 365 Sync you must first complete the Office 365 Config steps that are described in this section. You must then go to the Provisioning page, to configure your provisioning options. You can then return to the Office 365 Config page to configure the Office 365 Sync Scheduler.
When you configure Office 365 Sync you must provide the credentials of a Microsoft Office 365 account, under which Office 365 Sync can do the following:
Run Office 365 PowerShell commands to synchronize the Office 365 accounts.
Run Office 365 Exchange Web Services to deploy Personal.cloud web folders.
We recommend that you use the same account for both of these functions. You can specify the credentials of a Microsoft Office 365 Global Administrator account, or an account that has the required Office 365 permissions. We describe elsewhere how you can create a custom role group in Office 365 that confers the necessary permissions.
Do not specify an account that you use to log on to Windows PowerShell for other activities. Otherwise Microsoft's Office 365 throttling policy may result in connection failure errors.
To configure Office 365 Sync
- In the left navigation pane, under My Config, click Office 365 Config.
The Office 365 Config page is available only if you chose Microsoft Office 365 as a provisioning option on the User Management page.
- Under Configuration, choose whether to synchronize Office 365 shared mailboxes.
By default, the Synchronize Shared Mailboxes check box is not selected. Note the following regarding the Synchronize Shared Mailboxes option:
If you select this option, every shared mailbox is targeted for synchronization in all of your Microsoft Office 365 domains. The shared mailboxes are synchronized and billed in the same way as user mailboxes.
All of the provisioned Enterprise Vault.cloud services are enabled by default for a shared mailbox archive account. If you want to disable any of the services you must edit the archive account and disable the services manually.
If you configure Office 365 Sync to send Personal.cloud welcome messages, it sends welcome messages to the shared mailboxes.
A member of a shared mailbox with full access permissions can access the shared mailbox and view the welcome message. The member can then use the credentials that are included in the welcome message to access the Personal.cloud archive for the shared mailbox.
Users can access a shared mailbox archive account from their own Personal.cloud archive only if they have the required privileges to access the account, such as the reviewer role.
- Under Mailbox Delegation Permissions, choose what to do with the delegation permissions that are applied to Office 365 mailboxes. Any change to these settings takes effect from the next Office 365 synchronization event.
Select the required option:
Do not synchronize delegation permissions
Perform no synchronization of mailbox delegation permissions. If any mailbox delegation permissions are already synchronized, these remain unaffected.
Synchronize delegation permissions
Synchronize the delegation permissions that are applied to the targeted mailboxes. In Personal.cloud a user is then able to access the archived content for each mailbox to which they have been granted delegate access.
Remove synchronized delegation permissions
Remove any synchronized Office 365 delegation permissions. All delegated access to Office 365 archives is removed.
- If you have previously configured the Office 365 account credentials on the Office 365 Config page and you do not want to modify them, go directly to step 7.
- Under PowerShell Credentials you must provide the credentials for an Office 365 account under which Office 365 Sync can run the PowerShell commands to synchronize the accounts:
Enter the email address of an Office 365 account that has the required permissions.
Enter the password for the Office 365 account.
- Under Exchange Web Services Credentials you must specify the details of an Office 365 account under which Office 365 Sync can run the Exchange Web Services when it deploys the web folders:
Use the same credentials as Powershell
We recommend that you select this check box, to use the same account that you specified for running the PowerShell commands. Unless you have a requirement to use a different account, ensure that this check box is selected, and go on to the next step.
To use a different Office 365 account to deploy the web folders, clear this check box and enter the account's user name and password.
If you have chosen not to use the PowerShell credentials, enter the email address of another Office 365 account that has the required permissions.
If you have chosen not to use the PowerShell credentials, enter the password for the other Office 365 account.
- If necessary, click Test to check that Archive Administration can make the connection to Office 365, and that the account or accounts that you specified have the required privileges.
Do not continue until you receive successful test connection results.
- Click Save.
- If you entered or changed the Office 365 account credentials, you must save the settings on the Provisioning page. Perform the appropriate step as follows:
If you have not yet configured Provisioning under My Config, click Next and follow the link to the Provisioning page. Then complete and save the configuration options on that page.
See About Provisioning.
If you have previously configured the settings on the Provisioning page, go to the Provisioning page and click Save or Save and Set Journaling.