Enterprise Vault.cloud™ Archive Administration Help
- Getting started with Archive Administration
- Archive Overview
- My Config
- About Office 365 mailbox delegation permissions synchronization
- About Provisioning
- About Managed Tags
- About Account Management
- Archive Collectors
- About Box File Archiving
- About Salesforce Chatter Archiving
- About Lync On-Premises Archiving
- About Bloomberg Archiving
- Role Management
- Policy Management
- Authentication Management
- AD FS Configuration Guide
- Retention Management
- Continuity Management
- Reporting and Notifications
- Personal.cloud Deployment for IBM Notes
- Archive Administration Updates in Previous Releases
- Archive Administration Known Issues
Enabling and disabling the Lync On-Premises Archiving feature
You can enable or disable the Lync On-Premises Archiving feature from the Archive Collectors section. This feature must be enabled before you can configure the Enterprise Vault.cloud Lync Connector application.
To enable or disable the Lync On-Premises Archiving feature
If you are enabling the feature for the first time, check that the required Enterprise Vault.cloud secondary service is enabled for your company:
In the left navigation pane of Archive Administration, under My Config, click Services.
Under Secondary Services confirm that Lync On-Premise Archiving is listed as enabled. If Lync On-Premise Archiving is not shown as enabled, contact Veritas Services & Support. You cannot continue until the service is enabled.
- Log on to Archive Administration with an account that is assigned to an administration role that includes the Configure Lync Archival permission.
The System Administrator built-in administration role includes the Configure Lync Archival permission. By default the Archive Collections Manager built-in administration role also includes this permission.
- In the left navigation pane, under Archive Collectors, click Lync.
- The Lync page displays the status of the Enterprise Vault.cloud Lync On-Premises Archiving feature, and lists the Lync on-premises journal addresses that are assigned to your company.
To use the Lync On-Premises Archiving feature, at least one journal address must be listed under Journal Addresses.
If no journal addresses are listed under Journal Addresses, contact Veritas Services & Support.
The current status of the Lync On-Premises Archiving feature is displayed on the Lync page, along with the date when the status was last changed. To change the status, do as follows:
Then under Service Status click the Enabled control to change the setting to the required value.
Click Save to save the change.
To use Lync On-Premises Archiving you must also configure the Lync Connector application. See the Enterprise Vault.cloud Lync Connector Administration Guide, which is available from the following location: