Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- Protecting data in Amazon Glacier for long-term retention
- About EMC Atmos cloud storage API type
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
New cloud features in NetBackup 8.1
Support for Amazon Virtual Private Cloud.See Amazon virtual private cloud support with NetBackup .
Support is added for the following cloud vendors:
CMCC Cloud Storage v5.x(S3).See Amazon S3 cloud storage vendors certified for NetBackup.
Openstack Swift Identity v3 Authentication version. See About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type.
IBM Softlayer. See About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type.
FUJITSU Cloud Service K5. See About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type.
Microsoft Azure Government. See About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type.
For proxy server type HTTP:
Authentication type BASIC and NTLM are supported.
You need username and password for authentication type BASIC and NTLM.
Proxy tunneling is made configurable.
NetBackup CloudCatalyst harnesses Media Server Deduplication Pool (MSDP) technology to upload deduplicated data to the cloud. By deduplicating the data, customers realize a cost savings both when sending, and then when storing, the data in the cloud.
CloudCatalyst is offered on the following hosts:
A Veritas NetBackup CloudCatalyst appliance.
A NetBackup 8.1 media server that is configured as a CloudCatalyst storage server. The media server must be Red Hat Enterprise Linux, 7.3 or later.
CloudCatalyst configuration is described in the NetBackup Deduplication Guide.
The object size for Amazon (S3) and Amazon GovCloud storage servers has changed. This change affects the valid range for the read and write buffer size for these cloud storage servers.
You must update the read and write buffer size values for pre-NetBackup 8.1 servers using the NetBackup Administration Console on the master server. Update these settings for each cloud storage server that is associated with a media server.See About object size for cloud storage.
For procedures on how to update the read or write buffer size, see the NetBackup Upgrade Guide.