Enterprise Vault 12.2: Exchange mailbox shortcuts are incorrectly deleted if Storage Expiry is enabled and the server has a non-UTC time zone specified
Veritas has identified an issue with Enterprise Vault 12.2 that can cause Exchange mailbox shortcuts to be deleted incorrectly. This only occurs when both the following conditions apply:
- The server is running in a non-UTC time zone, such as Eastern Standard Time.
- Storage Expiry is enabled.
How to determine if you are affected
The affected version is 184.108.40.2066. To determine if you have installed this version, select the command Help > About Enterprise Vault in the Vault Administration Console.
Disable Storage Expiry.
All customers who are running the affected version should install Enterprise Vault 12.2 R1 to ensure that the issue described in this article does not occur.
Download Enterprise Vault 12.2 R1 from the Licensing Portal at my.veritas.com.
For more information on how to obtain license keys and installation downloads, see https://www.veritas.com/docs/000100418.
The filename is Veritas_Enterprise_Vault_12_2_0_R1_Win_Multilingual.zip . The ISO file within the zip is Veritas_Enterprise_Vault_12_2_0_R1_Win_Multilingual.iso .
- The 12.2 R1 build can be installed over the existing 220.127.116.116 build.
- After upgrading from 18.104.22.1686 to 22.214.171.1247 there is no need to run the Start-EVDatabaseUpgrade PowerShell command let.
- Only the Enterprise Vault Server components are required to be upgraded to the 126.96.36.1997 build, the Client and CA/DA components are unchanged from 188.8.131.526 and will remain compatible.
- After you have installed Enterprise Vault 12.2 R1, select the command Help > About Enterprise Vault in the Vault Administration Console. Check that the version number is now 184.108.40.2067.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):