Please enter search query. Search <product_name> all support & community content...
EEBs to suppress non-actionable alerts regarding NetBackup Appliance hardware for Appliance 2.7.3 and 3.0 releases
Last Published: 2017-08-08
Ratings: 2 1
ProblemUsers receive emailed alerts for various hardware events or statuses. For some of these alerts, the event is non-actionable or does not require attention. Therefore it is unnecessary to notify users via an emailed alert.
Error MessageThe following non-actionable error codes are sent by the NetBackup appliance:
- V-475-110-1007 (Appliance Fan)
- V-475-113-1006 (Intel Temperature Sensor Alert)
- V-475-110-1006 (Intel Fan Alert)
- V-475-103-1001 (Partition Utilization Soft Threshold Alert)
- V-475-20-1006 (JBOD Storage Power Supply)
- V-475-109-1000 (MSDP Tlog Alert)
- V-475-204-1000 (Expansion Shelf Connection Alert)
- V-475-20-1002 (JBOD Storage Power Supply Alert)
- V-475-101-1010 (Appliance RAID Controller Alert)
- V-475-105-1000 (Fibre Channel Connection Alert)
- V-475-207-1006 (5330 Storage BBU Alert)
CauseThe appliance incorrectly sends out emailed alerts for various codes which are non-actionable, at this time.
SolutionThe hot-fix suppresses the sending of the alerts for these error codes, to prevent users from receiving unnecessary emails. Once installed, the events that trigger the described codes will be monitored and reported, but the emailed alerts will not be sent.
Apply the hot-fix (found in the Downloads section) that corresponds to your Appliance NetBackup version. For instructions on installing EEBs and Hot-fixes, refer to article number 100023444 by clicking the Related Articles link on this page.
The NetBackup Appliance 2.7.3 and 3.0 versions of the hot-fix also contains fixes for two additional issues:
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):