EEBs are available to suppress the BBU non-operational alert during the relearn cycle for Appliance release 2.7.3 and 3.0
ProblemWhen the relearn cycle starts for the Battery Backup Unit (BBU), Users receive emailed alerts mentioning that the battery is non-operational. The BBU is temporarily non-operational but returns to functionality after the cycle has completed.Thus , the event is non-actionable or does not require attention. Therefore it is unnecessary to notify users via an emailed alert.
Error MessageThe BBU is not operational during relearn cycle.
UMI code: V-475-102-1021.
CauseThe non-operational alert is generated when the BBU is in relearn or maintenance mode.
The hot-fix suppresses the sending of the alert for BBU non-operational status, to prevent users from receiving unnecessary emails. Once installed, the event that trigger the described codes will be monitored and reported, but the emailed alerts will not be sent.
For NetBackup Appliance 2.7.3:
- Install the prerequisite MongoDB hotfix. Refer to 000126016 - EEBs are provided to suppress false alerts when the updates to MongoDB are very slow for the hotfix.
- Apply the hotfix (found by accessing the Download Attachments link) for NetBackup Appliance 2.7.3.
Note: A previously released version (version 1) of the hotfix for NetBackup Appliance 2.7.3 did not fully resolve the issue. If you installed the earlier version and still receive the alerts, you can (1) restart the analyzer services or (2) replace the earlier version of the hotfix:
(1) Restart the analyzer services.
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu.
- Run the following command to restart the analyzer services:
Main > Support > Service Restart as-analyzer
(2) Replace the earlier version with the new version of the hotfix:
- Log on to the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu and roll back the EEB version 1 using the following command:
Main > Manage > Software > Rollback SYMC_NBAPP_EEB_ET3908281-184.108.40.206-1.x86_64.rpm
- Download and install the new version of the hotfix (found by accessing the Download Attachments link).
For NetBackup Appliance 3.0:
Apply the hotfix (found by accessing the Download Attachments link) for NetBackup Appliance 3.0. For instructions on installing EEBs, refer to article number 000076512 by clicking the Related Articles link on this page.
Note: The hotfix for NetBackup Appliance 3.0 also contains the MongoDB fix (see 000126016, for more information). If you have installed that hotfix, you do not need to install the BBU hotfix discussed here.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):