ProblemBackup Exec 15 revision 1180 Feature Pack 5 Release Notes
SolutionFeature Pack 5 (FP5) contains added platform support, critical updates, and enhancements for Backup Exec 15 revision 1180.
Backup Exec 15 (FP5) can be downloaded here 000100816 or under the related documents section.
New features/enhancements are included in this release FP5 (2016-08-01)
- Instant Recovery (IR) for Virtual Machines (VMWare and Hyper-V)
Backup Exec lets you recover a virtual machine instantly without waiting to transfer the virtual machine’s data from a backup set. Backup Exec starts the instantly recovered virtual machine directly from the backup set and users can access it on the ESX/Hyper-V host immediately. The startup time depends on the network speed and storage speed and not on the size of the virtual machine. You can use an instantly recovered virtual machine for all operations that you can do on a virtual machine. For more information about this feature, see "About instant recovery of a VMware virtual machine" and 'About instant recovery of a Hyper-V virtual machine' in the Backup Exec 15 Administrator's Guide.
-Customizable S3 Cloud Connector
-SQL 2014 SP2
-Exchange 2016 CU2
-Exchange 2013 CU13
-SharePoint CUs 2013, 2010
-SharePoint 2013 with SQL 2016 instance
IMPORTANT Note: If you are upgrading from a previous version of Backup Exec or installing for the first time, please be sure you have the latest Backup Exec 15 installation media with FP5 embedded (Backup_Exec_15_14.2_FP5_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip). To obtain the latest install media, have your serial number available and go to my.veritas.com to download.
- Administrative privileges are required to install this Feature Pack.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Update SDR media.
Known issues resolved
-Granular Recovery Technology backup to deduplication storage of a Virtual Machine with a 2 TB volume will fail. (00108007)
-After completing a backup of a Virtual Machine with the VMware agent File Level GRT may not be available for all drives if Application GRT did not complete successfully/ (000016127)
-Backup Exec server goes in to a hang (freeze) state while performing Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) based Virtual Machine backups (000111369)
-RemoveSnapshotRetryCount registry key to control retry count for snapshot removal does not work properly. (000108007)
-Active jobs restart automatically after Backup Exec Services start even if checkpoint restart is disabled. (000104030)
-Scheduled duplicated jobs are unexpectedly skipped. (000100536)
-Backup Exec 15 ODBC alerts are generated due to function or aggregate "dbo.UtcToLocalTime" missing. (000108161)
-Unable to Submit a Backup Job When Encryption and GRT are enabled. (000100663)
-WORM media is not recognized with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HP) LTO 7 drive. (000114345).
-The size of backup sets displayed in Backup Sets view is smaller than actual size when data is spanned across multiple .bkf files. (000100718)
-Unable to configure / submit usershares backup getting "The specified resource ID cannot be NULL". (000024758)
-Backup Exec console Job history will not load. (000107944)
-Backup Exec Management Service (BackupExecManagementService.exe) intermittently crashes on KERNELBASE.dll. (000108253)
-Backup Exec Administration Console crashes due to System.NullReferenceException. (000107883)
-Backup Exec Server service (beserver.exe) crashes intermittenly with faulting module Unknown. (000115557)
-Microsoft Exchange expired backup sets are not reclaimed by Data Lifecycle Management. (00108052)
-Duplicated backup sets may not be seen as dependent or be reclaimed if duplicated between similar storage types in Backup Exec 15. (000115548)
-Event ID 57920 and 206 are generated in Exchange 2007 server’s application events, despite successful incremental or differential backup of exchange using Backup Exec. (000100557)
-Backup of Oracle server fails with 0xe0001005 when backed up as part of multiple server backup job. (000100540)
New features/enhancements released in FP4 (2016-04-18)
-Instant GRT: Reduce virtual server backup time with an enhanced cataloging option (also
known as Instant GRT). To reduce the cataloging time for a backup job, you can now choose the quick cataloging option on theDelayed Catalog Options dialog box. The new option is labeled Do not run a delayed catalog operation. Instead, run a quick catalog operation as part of the backup job.
For more information about quick cataloging, see ‘Configuring delayed catalog options to improve backup performance for GRT-enabled jobs’ in the Backup Exec 15 Administrator’s Guide.
-SharePoint 2010/2013 cumulative updates
-App Agent - SharePoint 2013 - December 2015 CU
-March 2016 CUs for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013
-Windows 10 client cumulative updates
-Windows 10 November 2015 CU
-Windows 10 December 2015 CU
-Windows 10 January 2016 CU
-Exchange cumulative updates
-Exchange 2016 CU1
-Exchange Server 2013 CU12
-Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU13
-Exchange Server 2007 SP3 RU19
-SQL 2012 SP3
-Enterprise Vault 12 – (without SQL AG)
-SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) (BTRFS) 12 SP1 without AOFO
-Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 7.2 without AOFO and Agent for Linux
-Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 6.7 and 7.2 (XFS) without AOFO
-vSphere 6.0 U2
New features/enhancements released in FP3 (2015-12-10)
- Performance Enhancement: New Improved Hyper-V Incremental Backup Processing Option for Windows 2012/2012R2.
- Performance Enhancement: Backup Exec will skip data in Pagefile.sys during virtual backups. This optimization is applicable for both VMware and Hyper-V. Skipping the data in pagefile.sys will optimize backup size, data transfer over network, and backup window.
- New Home Tab Widget or Validation Widget delivers a single place to view configuration problems associated with the Setup.
- Default time for scheduled logon account check or Automated Credential Test has been changed from 1 AM to 2 PM
- Alert Category changed from Job Warning to Job Failed for scheduled logon account check or Automated Credential Test
- Always On Debug Logging will now capture Job Engine and Remote agent service crashes.
- New installation will check for the presence of Backup Exec database files in the installation directory. If Backup Exec database files are found the Backup Exec installation allows the user to choose whether to use the new Backup Exec database files or use the existing files.
- Support of Preferred Backup Server for Exchange DAG
- CentOS 6.7 (32/64-bit) and 7.0 (64-bit)
- Exchange 2013 CU10
New features/enhancements released in FP2 (2015-10-20)
- Support for Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Support for Exchange 2016 on Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines
- Backup Exec Cloud Connector
- IP-Less Dag Support for Exchange 2013 and 2016
- Windows 10 Client without SDR
- Exchange 2013 CU9
- vSphere 5.5 Update 3
- vSphere 6.0 Update 1
New features/enhancements released in FP1 (2015-07-08)
- Windows 10
- Exchange 2013 CU8
- Exchange 2013 CU9
- RHEL 7.1 (without AOFO)
- AOFO for RHEL 5.11 and 6.6
- SQL 2014 SP1 (Agent and BEDB Repository)
- SQL 2014 support for SPS 2013
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):