ProblemBackup Exec 15 revision 1180 Feature Pack 4 Release Notes
SolutionFeature Pack 4 (FP4) contains added platform support, critical updates, and enhancements for Backup Exec 15 revision 1180.
Backup Exec 15 (FP4) can be downloaded here 000097855 or under the related documents section.
New features/enhancements are included in this release (2016-04-18)
- Instant GRT: Reduce virtual server backup time with an enhanced cataloging option (also
known as Instant GRT). To reduce the cataloging time for a backup job, you can now choose the quick cataloging option on the Delayed Catalog Options dialog box. The new option is labeled Do not run a delayed catalog operation. Instead, run a quick catalog operation as part of the backup job.
For more information about quick cataloging, see ‘Configuring delayed catalog options to improve backup performance for GRT-enabled jobs’ in the Backup Exec 15 Administrator’s Guide.
-SharePoint 2010/2013 cumulative updates
-App Agent - SharePoint 2013 - December 2015 CU
-March 2016 CUs for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013
-Windows 10 client cumulative updates
-Windows 10 November 2015 CU
-Windows 10 December 2015 CU
-Windows 10 January 2016 CU
-Exchange cumulative updates
-Exchange 2016 CU1
-Exchange Server 2013 CU12
-Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU13
-Exchange Server 2007 SP3 RU19
-SQL 2012 SP3
-Enterprise Vault 12 – (without SQL AG)
-SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) (BTRFS) 12 SP1 without AOFO
-Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 7.2 without AOFO and Agent for Linux
-Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 6.7 and 7.2 (XFS) without AOFO
-vSphere 6.0 U2
New features/enhancements released in FP3 (2015-12-10)
- Performance Enhancement: New Improved Hyper-V Incremental Backup Processing Option for Windows 2012/2012R2.
- Performance Enhancement: Backup Exec will skip data in Pagefile.sys during virtual backups. This optimization is applicable for both VMware and Hyper-V. Skipping the data in pagefile.sys will optimize backup size, data transfer over network, and backup window.
- New Home Tab Widget or Validation Widget delivers a single place to view configuration problems associated with the Setup.
- Default time for scheduled logon account check or Automated Credential Test has been changed from 1 AM to 2 PM
- Alert Category changed from Job Warning to Job Failed for scheduled logon account check or Automated Credential Test
- Always On Debug Logging will now capture Job Engine and Remote agent service crashes.
- New installation will check for the presence of Backup Exec database files in the installation directory. If Backup Exec database files are found the Backup Exec installation allows the user to choose whether to use the new Backup Exec database files or use the existing files.
- Support of Preferred Backup Server for Exchange DAG
- CentOS 6.7 (32/64-bit) and 7.0 (64-bit)
- Exchange 2013 CU10
New features/enhancements released in FP2 (2015-10-20)
- Support for Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Support for Exchange 2016 on Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines
- Backup Exec Cloud Connector
- IP-Less Dag Support for Exchange 2013 and 2016
- Windows 10 Client without SDR
- Exchange 2013 CU9
- vSphere 5.5 Update 3
- vSphere 6.0 Update 1
New features/enhancements released in FP1 (2015-07-08)
- Windows 10
- Exchange 2013 CU8
- Exchange 2013 CU9
- RHEL 7.1 (without AOFO)
- AOFO for RHEL 5.11 and 6.6
- SQL 2014 SP1 (Agent and BEDB Repository)
- SQL 2014 support for SPS 2013
IMPORTANT Note: If you are upgrading from a previous version of Backup Exec or installing for the first time, please be sure you have the latest Backup Exec 15 installation media with FP4 embedded (Backup_Exec_15_14.2_FP4_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip). To obtain the latest install media, have your serial number available and go to my.veritas.com to download.
- Administrative privileges are required to install this Feature Pack.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Update SDR media.
Known issues resolved
-Media Server unable to join CASO server if the Media Server's Backup Exec database (BEDB) is on a remote non default SQL instance.
-Scheduled duplicate job intermittently fails with 0xe0009444. (000099934)
-ODBC catalog errors with Event Ids 34326 and 34338 are generated in BE 15 FP2 periodically. Some backup sets are not expired. (000099848)
-Backup Exec Job Engine Service (bengine.exe) crashes on ntdll.dll when performing a tape catalog job. (000025511)
-Backup to tape job Storage settings for WORM media are inconsistent in Backup Exec 15. (000081213)
-Backup Exec Management Service (BackupExecManagementService.exe) intermittently crashes on KERNELBASE.dll. (000025391)
-Backups to Deduplication storage folder on Windows 2012 Backup Exec server stays in queued state for a long time if multiple network adapters are configured on the server. (000100687)
-Hyper-V backup fails when less than double the expected space is available on the Backup to Disk location. (000100424)
-Differential or Incremental Sharepoint backup GRT catalog job fails with Final error: 0xe0008488 - Access is denied. (000024559)
-Backup Exec Remote Agent for WIndows stops during Sharepoint GRT backup with error in BEDSSPS3.DLL. (000100776)
-RALUS Agent configuration asking for language specific input characters but only accepts Y and N. (000081225)
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):