ProblemBackup Exec 15 revision 1180 Feature Pack 3 Release Notes
Feature Pack 3 (FP3) contains added platform support, critical updates, and enhancements for Backup Exec 15 revision 1180.
Backup Exec 15 (FP3) can be downloaded here ( 000094416) or under the related documents section.
New features/enhancements are included in this release
- Performance Enhancement: New Improved Hyper-V Incremental Backup Processing Option for Windows 2012/2012R2.
- Performance Enhancement: Backup Exec will skip data in Pagefile.sys during virtual backups. This optimization is applicable for both VMware and Hyper-V. Skipping the data in pagefile.sys will optimize backup size, data transfer over network, and backup window.
- New Home Tab Widget or Validation Widget delivers a single place to view configuration problems associated with the Setup.
- Default time for scheduled logon account check or Automated Credential Test has been changed from 1 AM to 2 PM
- Alert Category changed from Job Warning to Job Failed for scheduled logon account check or Automated Credential Test
- Always On Debug Logging will now capture Job Engine and Remote agent service crashes.
- New installation will check for the presence of Backup Exec database files in the installation directory. If Backup Exec database files are found the Backup Exec installation allows the user to choose whether to use the new Backup Exec database files or use the existing files.
- Support of Preferred Backup Server for Exchange DAG
- CentOS 6.7 (32/64-bit) and 7.0 (64-bit)
- Exchange 2013 CU10
New features/enhancements released in FP2 (2015-10-20)
- Support for Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Support for Exchange 2016 on Hyper-V and VMware virtual machines
- Backup Exec Cloud Connector
- IP-Less Dag Support for Exchange 2013 and 2016
- Windows 10 Client without SDR
- Exchange 2013 CU9
- vSphere 5.5 Update 3
- vSphere 6.0 Update 1
New features/enhancements released in FP1 (2015-07-08)
- Windows 10
- Exchange 2013 CU8
- Exchange 2013 CU9
- RHEL 7.1 (without AOFO)
- AOFO for RHEL 5.11 and 6.6
- SQL 2014 SP1 (Agent and BEDB Repository)
- SQL 2014 support for SPS 2013
INFORMATIONAL NOTE: A potential for data loss has been identified with VMware clients that are using Changed Block Tracking (CBT) after upgrading to ESXi 6.0. This issue is not caused by NetBackup or Backup Exec; it is a third party issue identified (and resolved) by VMware which affects NetBackup and Backup Exec VMware backups.
For more Information see Releated Article (000097972) and Vmware KB Article (2136854)
For more information on what’s new in Backup Exec 15 FP3 please refer to the updated Readme document that is Available Here.
IMPORTANT Note: If you are upgrading from a previous version of Backup Exec or installing for the first time, please be sure you have the latest Backup Exec 15 installation media with FP3 embedded (Backup_Exec_15_14.2_FP3_MultiPlatforms_Multilingual.zip). To obtain the latest install media, have your serial number available and go to my.veritas.com to download.
- Administrative privileges are required to install this Feature Pack.
- A full backup is recommended after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Windows Servers will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Remote Agent for Linux/Unix/Macintosh Servers (RALUS/RAMS) will need to be updated after installing this Feature Pack.
- Update SDR media.
Known issues resolved
-Backup Exec Server service crashes on vmwaretool.dll_unloaded module even after installing FP1 for BE 15. (000025682)
-Backup Exec 2014: AVVI duplicate backup fails with 0xa0009683 if it has Linux and Windows VM's in the same selection list. (000024320)
-Backup Exec would reset VSS when Backup Exec detect any VSS error (000024318)
-Backup Exec Server crashes on MSVCR100.dll if there are restore jobs which involve more than around 45 media on disk cartridges. (000025693)
-Restore jobs may complete in successfully although a network error occurs during restore operation. (000022148)
-Backup Exec database migration fails with 1603 error during upgrade. (000097816)
-BackupExec.exe crashes due to InvalidOperationException: PART_HotBackground not found. (000081351)
-Total Data Size is not displayed as megabytes though the description says megabytes. (000025644)
DLM (Data Life Cycle Management)
-Granular Restore Technology(GRT) Backup sets created by delegated jobs to a Managed Backup Exec Server(MBES) won't reclaim/delete after upgrading to Backup Exec 15 FP1. (000099948)
-Data Lifecycle Management (DLM) does not delete expired backup sets of Exchange on disk except the last incremental backup set. (000025736)
-Granular restore view of Exchange 2013 database does not populate mailboxes which are hidden in exchange address list. (000023415)
-Microsoft Exchange option is not shown in backup definition while creating job for DAG backup. (000024111)
-Backup Exec Job Engine crashes with ExceptionCode e06d7363 (C++ EH exception) when backing up oracle database. (000025727)
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):