Does Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions 6.x for Windows (SFW-HA) MOM Packs work with Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 or 2012 R2 server?
SFW-HA has a list of MOM Packs for monitoring SFW-HA and application configured with SFW-HA. This monitoring support is limited in SCOM2012 and supports only application Management Packs (MPs). SFW-HA and SFW installations/configurations would not be monitored via SCOM 2012. This is because the SFW and SFW-HA mom packs (Veritas.SFW.mp and Veritas.SFW.HA.mp) are converted from MOM 2005. The support for converted MOM packs has been removed in SCOM 2012 from Microsoft, hence the SFW-HA and SFW mps are unable to be imported in SCOM 2012.
These SFW-HA mom packs will work with SCOM 2012 or 2012 R2:
Applications Management Packs:
1. SQL Server 2005 (Veritas.SQLServer.2005.mp)
2. SQL Server 2008 (Veritas.SQLServer.2008.mp)
3. SQL Server 2012(Veritas.SQLServer.2012.mp)
4. Exchange Server 2007 (Veritas.Exchange.2007.mp)
5. Exchange Server 2010 (Veritas.Exchange.2010.mp)
SFW-HA currently does not support theses MP's:
1. SFW and VVR (Veritas.SFW.mp , Version : 220.127.116.11)
2. VCS Management Pack (Veritas.SFW.HA.mp, Version : 18.104.22.168)
Note: The above Application MP's require the VCS Library MP be installed as well (Veritas.VCS.Library.MP). More information about downloading all the MP's can be found in 000040354 located in the Related Articles section below.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):