Error " Internal Error 2203" While trying to uninstall Remote agents for windows server from Add/remove programs.
Error " Internal Error 2203" while trying to uninstall Remote agents for windows server from Add/remove programs.
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Product: Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems -- Internal Error 2203. C:\WINDOWS\Installer\2845c607.ipi, -214702462
The above mentioned error might arise if the SYSTEM account does not have Full Control on one of the following Directories :
< % >:Windows\Installer
< % >:\temp
< % >:\Documents and Settings\[current username]\Local Settings\Temp
For example , to assign permissions for the Temp folder , follow steps mentioned below :
To Locate the TEMP folder, do the following:
1. At the command prompt, type Set.
2. Look for the variable TEMP.
This is the folder where "temporary" files are stored (Figure 1).
To grant the SYSTEM account rights to the TEMP folder, do the following:
1. Browse to the TEMP folder specified above.
2. Right-click on the folder, and select Properties.
3. Select the Security tab and click Add, and then select SYSTEM from the list.
4. Select Full Control, to grant the SYSTEM account full control to the directory, and then click OK (Figure 2).
Attempt the Similar Steps mentioned above for remaining directories
In case the issue still persists , try Logging on with a different Account with Administrative Privileges, and re-attempt the UN-install.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):