Please enter search query. Search all support & community content...
Ratings: 0 0
Problem6.5.3 patch installation fails: msiinstaller warning 1015 failed connect server. error: 0x800401f0
6.5.3 patchinstallation fails: MSIINSTALLER WARNING 1015 Failed to connect to server.Error: 0x800401F0
Theinstallation of 6.5.3 patch fails with error:Please terminate any otherNetBackup processes and rerun installation again.
- NoNetBackup Install Logs was created
- No MSIinstall log was created
- Thefollowing errors were preset in Event Viewer:
MsiInstallerInformation None 11708 Server\User ACCS4016 Product: Veritas NetBackup 6.5.3(6.5 Release Update 3) -- Installation operation failed.
MsiInstallerWarning None 1015 Server\User ACCS4016 Failed to connect to server. Error:0x800401F0
- Renamingthe NetBackup.dll file present in the following directories did not solve theproblem:
- AmericanPower Conversion Corporation (APC) PBE Agent and APC PBE Server services werenot installed
-right-clicked in setup.exe and selected the option to "Run as", specifying anadministrator. Selected "Allow" when the User Account Control window wasdisplayed in the screen, then proceeded with the NetBackup Update installationbut it failed again.
Launchingthe following commands allowed the installation to complete:
- ClickStart, click Run, type MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK.
- ClickStart, click Run, type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):