Compliance Accelerator Reviewer Activity Detail Report fails with error: Query execution failed for dataset 'CustomerDataset'
Running the Compliance Accelerator (CA) Reviewer Activity Detail Report fails with the error listed below. The Report fails regardless of the Department selection or the Date Range selection.
An error occurred creating the report
An error has occurred during report processing.
---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing.
---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'CustomerDataset'.
---> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
The error is caused by one or more CA Monitored Employees with an Active Directory (AD) Display Name longer than 100 characters. This Display Name exceeds the limit allowed by the Report, therefore causing the Report to fail and display the error.
To find such Monitored Employees, please run the following SQL Query against the CA Customer database and review the results:
1. Open the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) with an account having permissions to run queries - by default, the Vault Service Account (VSA) has these permissions.
2. Open a new query focused on the CA Customer database.
3. Execute the following query against the CA Customer database:
SELECT PrincipalID, PrincipalName, LEN(PrincipalName) AS 'PrincipalName_Length'
FROM tblPrincipal WHERE LEN(PrincipalName) >= 100
ORDER BY LEN(PrincipalName) DESC, PrincipalID ASC;
4. The results can be output to file (under the Query menu | Results To | Results To File) or copied/pasted into a spreadsheet (right-click the results | Select All | right-click the highlighted results | Copy With Headers | paste into a spreadsheet and format as needed).
The workaround is to reduce the AD Display Name for any affected Monitored Employees to 100 or less characters, as follows:
1. Open the Active Directory Users And Computers management console with an administrative account allowed to change user information.
2. Find the user corresponding to the Monitored Employee, right-click the user | Rename.
3. Change the name to less than 100 characters | press Enter.
4. In the 'Rename User' dialog box change the Display Name to the shortened Display Name (matching the shortened Full Name entry) | OK.
5. Repeat for all affected Monitored Employees.
6. In the CA Client go to Employees | click on Synchronize Employees | wait a few minutes, then click Refresh to verify the shortened AD Display Name(s) in the Name column.
SolutionThis issue has been addressed in the following releases:
Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix 2 Release
Enterprise Vault 12
The following link contains information about Enterprise Vault 12
Note: For information on how to obtain Enterprise Vault 12 see: How to obtain the license key and installation download for Veritas products
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):