Backups fail with error V-79-1000-10660 - 03E829A4 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.
Backup operations performed with Backup Exec fail with error V-79-1000-10660 - 03E829A4 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.
V-79-1000-10660 - 03E829A4 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.
The failure occurs because Backup Exec is experiencing one of the following conditions:
- The drive the Catalogs folder is hosted on does not have enough free space to store the Backup Exec temporary catalog files.
- The Catalog path in Backup Exec is pointing to an invalid location. The current location of the Backup Exec catalog files can be viewed by going to the Tools | Options | Catalog menu in Backup Exec.
- The Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) does not have adequate permissions to write to the Catalogs folder. This commonly occurs when a security change affected a top level parent folder and replicated down to the Catalogs folder.
- Anti-virus software was running at the time of the backup
Any of these issues result in a condition which prevents the BE Service Account from writing the temporary catalog files.
To resolve the issue perform one of the following:
- Move the Backup Exec catalog files to a drive that has more free space.
- Verify the catalog location exists in the Windows directory. If it does not exist change the catalog directory in Backup Exec.
- Open Backup Exec
- Go to Tools - Options - Catalog
- Modify the catalog path
- Free up space on the drive where the catalog files are currently located.
- Modify the security restrictions on the Catalogs folder, giving Full Control to the Backup Exec Service Account.
- Setup an exclusion in any anti-virus software that is running on the Media Server (the server Backup Exec is installed on) so that Backup Exec directories and files will not be scanned.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):