After an install of a service pack, the Backup Exec System Recovery(BESR) service stops within a few seconds after it has started.
The following error is noticed in the event logs:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Backup Exec System Recovery
Event Category: High Priority
Event ID: 100
Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.
Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume.
It is noticed that the Symsnap service is missing in this case.
- Install the Symsnap service manually: For 32-bit systems do the following to register the SymSnapService:
- Open command prompt.
- Type: CD "\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers"
- Type: SymSnapService.exe /service
For 64-bit systems do the following to register the SymSnapService:
a. Open command prompt.
b. Type: CD "\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers"
c. Type: SymSnapServicex64.exe /service
- Now try to start the Symsnap service from Start, Run, by typing services.msc
- If the Symsnap service is still missing, Execute the Fixinstall.bat file located in:
C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery - For 32-bit systems.
C:\Program Files<x86>\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery - For 64-bit systems.
Note: See the related article section for more details on repair (Fixinstall.bat) of BESR.
Was this content helpful?
Rating submitted. Please provide additional feedback (optional):