cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backups run fine, but parent job ends with error 636

Ramiro-Magan
Level 5
Certified

I have 2 backups that are giving me this problem.

They are running full sql backups, and it is telling me that the DBs are backed up, I can see them in the SQL Restore Console, and it is all ok, but it is anoying and puzzling why I am getting this error message.

I read a bunch of articles, but never found one related to SQL with this error message.

Master Server: Windows 2008 R2

Media Server: windows 2008 R2

Netbackup version: 7.5.0.4

Client Version: 7.1.0.4

One of the odd things I found, is that the parent job on both servers are failing after 2hs, then I get a second attempt that is the one that finishes the job, and it also runs for 2hs.

And here is the ending of one of the parent jobs, showing no fails.

12/12/2012 11:49:53 p.m. - Info dbclient(pid=11640) <15> operations succeeded. <0> operations failed.     

Any ideas what I could do to get rid of this error message?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You didn't say if there was a firewall in your environment, but I will go on the assumption that there is.

Could you please check the KeepAliveTime value on your master and media server?  It may be set to two hours.  Try setting it to 15 minutes.

Adjusting the TCP KeepAliveTime parameter
 http://symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56221

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

this is the same status code 636, i am also getting after upgrading to 7.5.0.4 but for the Standard policy.. on whidows master.

may be time to log a case... 

Ramiro-Magan
Level 5
Certified

Nagalla, are you getting that for ALL of your Standard backups, or just a couple?

Coz I am getting this for just 2 server, and I have a bunch of them.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

i am just getting this error intermediately.. if i restart the job its getting successfull...  and only for 1 policy but different clients.. 

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You didn't say if there was a firewall in your environment, but I will go on the assumption that there is.

Could you please check the KeepAliveTime value on your master and media server?  It may be set to two hours.  Try setting it to 15 minutes.

Adjusting the TCP KeepAliveTime parameter
 http://symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56221

Ramiro-Magan
Level 5
Certified

Chris, help me out here.

I am following the document, but I am either doing something wrong, or this is not working for 7.5.0.4.

I added the key KeepAliveTime as stated in the article.

I first added a dword value 1. Nothing changed.

Then changed it to 0xDBBA0, which is supposed to be the hexa for 900,000 milliseconds, or 15 minutes, still nothing changed.

I have the timeouts set to 2hs.

What is it I am doing wrong?