Commuter Spending Accounts

What Do I Need to Know to Enroll?

You can decide to enroll in a Commuter Spending Account at any time.

A Commuter Spending Account (CSA) is an employee benefit program that allows you to set aside money on a pre-tax basis to pay for certain expenses you incur traveling to and from work. With a CSA, you save on taxes while you pay for eligible expenses.


U.S. employees who work at least 20 hours per week are eligible to participate.

CSA Benefits

Depending on your commuting preferences, one or both of the following CSAs may appeal to you:

CSA Type Benefit Description Monthly Max Claim Your Benefit Roll-over
Transportation Spending Account Mass transit expenses to and from work:
 -Bus, train, and subway
$265 Transit pass/ticket will be mailed to you in accordance with your election or you may use a WageWorks Commuter Card No
Parking Spending Account Parking expenses for your commute: 
 -Near office location 
 -Intermediate mass transit location
$265 WageWorks will pay on your behalf via a WageWorks Commuter Card, or submit a claim for reimbursement Yes

*Only parking expenses incurred while you are a Veritas employee will be eligible for reimbursement.

Enrollment/Place an Order

There is no set enrollment period for the commuter savings account. However, you must place your transit/parking order by the 10th of the month to receive it for the following month. Example: to enroll for June you must complete your order by May 10.

To enroll in a Commuter Spending Account:

  1. Log in to (from the menu, click the Savings link under Voluntary Benefits) and select your Commuter program.
  2. Select “Enroll In Commuter”.
  3. Choose the type of order you wish to make: public transit, vanpool or your parking option, and follow the instructions.
  4. Select “Every Month” to repeat the same order automatically each month until you change or cancel it.
  5. Select “Manage Calendar” to select benefit months you wish to receive your order.
  6. Select “One Time” if you prefer to log in again whenever you’d like to order more. Then complete your order.
Please Note: don’t forget to enter your email address to receive confirmations electronically.

Transportation Spending Account

If you ride public transportation to work, WageWorks has several convenient options for you to receive your passes, tickets, smart cards, or other fare media.

Home Delivery

When you order your monthly passes or tickets for public transportation through WageWorks, you can enjoy the convenience of automatic home delivery every month.

WageWorks will mail your pass in a plain business envelope, so be careful not to mistake it for junk mail. The exact date of delivery may vary depending on your transit agency and the U.S. Mail. If it still hasn’t come by the first business day of the benefit month, call WageWorks as soon as possible (no later than the third business day of the month) at 1-800-295-5656.

If you order a smart card, WageWorks will reload your account in the amount of your order before the start of each commute month.

WageWorks Commuter Card

If you ordered a WageWorks Commuter Card, use it to pay for your eligible commuting expenses.

Funds from each month’s order will become available through your card on the 20th of the month before the benefit month (e.g. June 20th for July benefit month). You can check your balance anytime by logging into your account.

All other program related eligibility rules apply, as well as some card-specific requirements. See the information that came with your WageWorks Commuter Card for more information, or check (from the menu, click the Savings link under Voluntary Benefits).

If you do not set up a recurring order, you will need to access the website prior to the 10th of each month to order the transit pass for the following month. Note that the Long Island Rail Road in New York and Metro North in New York both require sign up by the 4th of the month to participate for the following month.

Parking Reimbursements

If you park near where you work, or near where you board public transit you take to work, you have several ways to pay for your parking through WageWorks.

Pay My Parking

This is the standard monthly option. WageWorks will pay your parking provider on your behalf in time for the start of each order month. This works well if you pay for a monthly parking space or permit.

WageWorks Commuter Card

If you pay for your parking with a debit or credit card, consider using the Commuter Card instead. This is a stored value card that works like a credit card at parking operators that accept them.

Pay Me Back

If you don't pay on a monthly basis, or your parking garage doesn't accept cards, select this option. Park, pay, and then use Pay Me Back to get reimbursed.

Here’s how to use Pay Me Back:

  • Log into (from the menu, click the Savings link under Voluntary Benefits).
  • Select "Submit Receipt or Claim".
  • Complete the online process by following the step-by-step instructions.
  • If you prefer to submit a Pay Me Back request by fax, email or mail, download and print the form from the "Forms & Documents" section.
  • If your provider does not provide receipts (e.g. cash meters that do not provide receipts), follow the instructions to request payment online.
  • Requests must be submitted within 180 days of payment.
Please Note: to use Pay Me Back, you must have an active Parking election for the month in which the expense was incurred.


Copyright 2015 Veritas Technologies. All rights reserved.