Storage Lifecycle Policies (SLP) Scheduling Windows Are Coming!- Help Us Finish Them
Created: 16 Apr 2012 • Updated: 26 Oct 2012 | 20 comments
Status: On Roadmap
I know there have been a number of requests on the Ideas forum about Storage Lifecycle Policies. We just wanted to say "Thank You!" and that we are listening to them and activitly incorporating the suggestions as we can.
One of the most frequently asked for requests is being able to schedule Storage Lifecycle Policies and when the duplication will occur.
We are building this feature now.
It will allow you to have a duplication window, much like a backup window, that you can set for when the duplication jobs will occur after the backup is completed. We think this will meet the needs of being able to schedule duplications for large numbers of jobs.
Much like a backup window, the SLP window will have an "end time" of where no more new duplication jobs will be kicked off.
Here is where we need your help.
What would like us to do with your currently running Duplication SLP jobs that run past the "end time?
Here are the choices we have on the tabl
- Kill the Job (wherever it is when the Duplication window runs out)
- Kill the job after "X" hours past the Duplication window (basically allows the Duplication job to run for a set period of time post the close of the Duplication Window)
- Suspend the duplication job (whever it is when the Duplication window runs out, try to suspend the job. )
- Finish the current image, then attempt to suspend
- Finish the current image only if its already X % complete (for very large images that may take a while to complete before suspending the duplication job)
- Other- You choose
Our questions for you to consider are:
- Which would be your preference for most of your jobs?
- Are there any of the above that you would NEVER use?
- Are we missing a key choice for you?
Thanks in advance for your time and input. We hope to be much more active on these Ideas posts going forward.
Peter Imming, Sr. Product Manager, NetBackup