cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Enterprise Vault Office Mail App in Outlook 2013 has been created

gabegsc1
Level 2

We cannot get the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App to work in Outlook 2013 to work internally.

It works fine in Outlook Web App, but not the Outlook client.

When opening a message in Outlook and then clicking the Enterprise Vault button in the message results in Initialization failed. Searching through the IIS, & EWS logs on our Exchange servers turned up this error when the app is trying to connect:

Microsoft.Exchange.Security.OAuth.InvalidOAuthTokenException: The hostname component of the audience claim value is invalid. Expected ''internal.site.com''. Actual ''external.site.com''.\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Security.OAuth.OAuthTokenHandler.ThrowIfFalse(Boolean condition OAuthErrors inboundError Object[] args Exception innerException String logPeriodicKey)\r\n at Microsoft.Exchange.Security.OAuth.OAuthTokenHandler.ThrowIfFalse(Boolean condition OAuthErrors inboundError Object[] args)\r\n

Our internal DNS name for Exchange is internal.site.com

Our external DNS name for Exchange is external.site.com

In our internal DNS, internal.site.com & external.site.com both resolve to the same load balanced IP address using A records.

In our external DNS, external.site.com resolves to a TMG 2010.

Our Exchange servers are load balanced using a Citrix Netscaler.

2 REPLIES 2

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Been working on a similar issue. Might help to run a Fiddler trace as you expand the EV App and then turn off capturing. I will update you with what I find, but not an EV issue.

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The particular issue I saw was that the EWS directory had an external URL. In Exchange Admin Center click on Servers > Virtual Directories > EWS and on General tab remove external URL and make sure Internal URL is FQDN to EWS/Exchange.asmx