cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SSR 2013 R2 service packs showing in SIM

mthrall
Level 4

I assume this has been answered somewhere already but cant find the solution.  I cant seem to work out how to get the latest service packs for SSR 2013 R2 to appear in SIM.  I seem to be running management platform 7.6 HF7 and SSR 2013 R2 11.1, but I get no updates available.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

What do you see when you click on Upgrade Installed Products?

EDIT: I have checked here - for some reason it appears that SP4 shows under Install new products. Can you check and confirm?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

criley
Employee Accredited

This is due to the Symantec/Veritas company separation. The following has the new procedure:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081529

mthrall
Level 4

I've added the veritas_SSR.pl but still not seeing any updates

criley
Employee Accredited

What do you see when you click on Upgrade Installed Products?

EDIT: I have checked here - for some reason it appears that SP4 shows under Install new products. Can you check and confirm?

mthrall
Level 4

Ah yeah there is it!  thanks for the help

mthrall
Level 4

argh why is this not simple, it now fails with unable to download files

Capture_0.PNG

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you reproduce this error? If yes, do that and then use the Log Viewer (see link below) to check what error is shown ..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC8560

mthrall
Level 4

CopyFile - An IO Exception has occurred accessing the source file.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec Installation Manager\Installs\Altiris\besr\ssr_x64_11_1_4.msi'.

[System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException @ mscorlib]

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Symantec.Installation.FileDownloader.CopyFile(Uri sourceUri, Uri destinationUri, Int64 fileSize)

Exception logged from:

at Symantec.Installation.Logging.LogActivity.ReportException(Int32 severity, String strMessage, String category, Exception exception, String footer)

at Symantec.Installation.Logging.LogActivity.ReportException(String strMessage, String category, Exception exception)

at Symantec.Installation.FileDownloader.CopyFile(Uri sourceUri, Uri destinationUri, Int64 fileSize)

at Symantec.Installation.FileDownloader.DownloadFiles()

at Symantec.Installation.Context.WizardProcess.DownloadManager.DownloadFiles()

at Symantec.Installation.Context.WizardProcess.DownloadManager.FileValidationComplete(Object sender, FileValidationCompleteEventArgs e)

at Symantec.Installation.FileValidator.ValidateFiles()

at Symantec.Installation.Context.WizardProcess.DownloadManager.FileValidationComplete(Object sender, FileValidationCompleteEventArgs e)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 25/01/2016 13:39:38, Tick Count: 9389216 (02:36:29.2160000), Host Name: PON-IPMC01, Size: 4.76 KB

Process: SymantecInstallationManager (5928), Thread ID: 41, Module: SymantecInstallationManager.exe

Priority: 1, Source: Symantec.Installation.FileDownloader.CopyFile

File: C:\ProgramData\Symantec\SMP\Logs\SIM 2016-01-25 11-54-31\a.log

mthrall
Level 4

I think I better log a support call for this because I can no longer use the SSR management solution since updating the management platform.

I now get a HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error opening the web page with the error.

Error Code 0x800700b7
Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
Config File \\?\C:\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec System Recovery Management Solution\Web\web.config

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, yes - please go ahead and log a case.

mthrall
Level 4

Hi Chris,

Any chance you ca have a look at case 21120886 for me.  Its been raised for weeks and Im not getting anywhere. Nobody ever gets back to me and I'm currently without a working management console.

criley
Employee Accredited

Marc,

Sorry to hear that. Yes, let me look into this for you today ..