cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final error: 0xe0000389 - The resource credentials for the restore job were unable to create a role assignment for ApplicationImpersonation. Review the credentials to ensure that it has the rights that are required for ApplicationImpersonation.

Kazzoo
Level 2

I am running Windows 2012 Server with Exchange 2013 SP1.  When I try and restore mailboxes GRT level I recieve the following error

Final error: 0xe0000389 - The resource credentials for the restore job were unable to create a role assignment for ApplicationImpersonation. Review the credentials to ensure that it has the rights that are required for ApplicationImpersonation.

I have tested all accounts, permissions and ideas from these forums - not one has worked so far.  Although most report Exchange 2010.

A normal restore of files is OK, its just the GRT mailbox level restore that is causing big problems.

The account has a unique mailbox assisated with it

which isnt hidden on the GAL

ApplicationImpersonation is set via Exchnage POwershell and the account appears

Exchange Web Service (EWS) is functioning OK

Exchange is fully up to date patch wise

Variations of user UNC and FQDN logins have been tried

Proxy server settings have been tried and reset

Does anyone have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend logging a formal support case for an engineer to have a look.

Few options to try until then -

1) If restoring from tape, then instead run a "duplicate" to disk and retry.

2) Try restoring to PST

3) Try restoring to a Recovery Storage Group and then extract.

Kazzoo
Level 2

Installing Outlook onto the server (although not recommended) has allowed me to restore each of the mailboxes to a PST File.  There must be a bug in the GRT restore.

Maybe worth Veritas trying to look into & resolve.

Thanks for the advice I can restore each mailbox seperatley and although it may take some time im happy its resolved

Thanks