cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for backup to Quantum DXI 6540

HEMANPR
Level 6

Hello people:

I need the best practice or recomendation to setup my master server to get a better perform of the backups to my DXI 6540 from Quantum.

I don't find many documentation from Symantec or Quantum web page (Best Practices or White Papers) If any one have a good documentation for the best practice using this option (Backup from Netbackup to Quantum DXI Disk), please send me the link.

THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Best Practice Guide
DXi-Series and Veritas NetBackup 6.5 from Symantec

http://cp-quantum.talismaonline.com/article.aspx?article=7162&p=11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Best Practice Guide
DXi-Series and Veritas NetBackup 6.5 from Symantec

http://cp-quantum.talismaonline.com/article.aspx?article=7162&p=11

HEMANPR
Level 6

Thanks Nicolai

That the only documentation what we have at this moment.

More Info are welcome. Thanks

teiva-boy
Level 6

You probably want to get up to speed on SLP's so there are some good docs on that, especially since you are now licensed with Enterprise Disk, which is a requirement when you have a device like the DXi.

Then also look at the NBU tuning guide to make the most out of your new device and sending to it, the maximum amount of streams you can, to really cut down on backup windows.

HEMANPR
Level 6

OK Thanks Very Much

QSteveW
Not applicable
Partner

I'm a product manager for disk at Quantum.  We do have configuration and best practice documents available that cover the DXi6500 series in NetBackup environments--and we've got tech support people who can also advise.  My email is steve.whitner@quantum.com .  Contact me there and I'll be happy to forward what you need. 

HEMANPR
Level 6

Hello QSteveW

I will send a email requesting for documentation. I hope you can help me. Thanks