Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE 2012 on a virtaul machine

Wueff-HH
Level 3
Accredited

Hi Folks,

I´m running a Windows 2008 R2 ent Sp1 x64 virtual server. This Server isn´t in a domain.

I´ve installed Backup Exec 2012. During the Installation there where absolutely no errors. After starting Bakup Exec i´m able to configure a B2D device. But i can´t see my own backupserver under the tab "Backup & Recovery". When i´m adding my Server manually I Can´t see it, too.

In the bottom of Backup Exec, there is a yellow blinking exclamation point which told me "error connecting JobView" (in german: "Die Abfrage für JobView ist fehlgeschlagen")

Any Ideas?

greetings,

Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That support tool must run on a domain admin account.

If your VM is in a production environment, you could always remove the uplink and leave it as a stand-alone server. This way you can then DCPROMO the server in an isolated environment, and do your testing. But that becomes a non-BE event =)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV

Hi,

I've got BE 2012 running on a VM on my laptop and have been able to successfully back it up. What I did though was create a domain (I DCPromo'd the VM), so you might want to do this on your BE 2012 VM if you have it on a workgroup.

If this doesn't work, make sure all your services are started up, or uninstall the application completely and then reinstall from scratch.

Thanks!

Wueff-HH
Level 3
Accredited

Thanks for your fast reply, Craig!

I can´t join / create a Domain at the moment. But i will try it on another testserver in a domain.

I really think, i have a Problem with the missing domain, but i´m not Sure. When i´m running the Backup Exec Support Tool, the tool told me i´m not an administrator. But that is not correct. I´m not a Domain Admin, but a local Admin ;)

CraigV

That support tool must run on a domain admin account.

If your VM is in a production environment, you could always remove the uplink and leave it as a stand-alone server. This way you can then DCPROMO the server in an isolated environment, and do your testing. But that becomes a non-BE event =)

Wueff-HH
Level 3
Accredited

Finally - I have Backup Exec installed on a virtual Domaincontroller. Everything wents fine.

My Problem is solved. Thank you for your answers, Craig!

Have a nice day