cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - randomly failed backups

adamsd_NCBP
Not applicable

I've got an ongoing issues at a location I service and thus far I've not found any concrete solutions to this problem.

The store is a gorcery chain with about 13 locations.  Each location has identical servers that were loaded using the same inital image.  Software updates have been performed periodically overtime across all servers (such as updating AVG Business 2013, Backup Exec, etc).  All servers contain a RAID 1 (2x1TB) boot and 1TB backup drive.  The particular server in question has passed all hardware tests with no issues.

Now for the actual question.  One of the locations will randomly fail to complete the daily backup; "Cannot create recovery points for the job" & "Cannot create a virtual volume of the selected drive"  So far we have run memory tests, manufactuers hard drive tests, CHKDSK on all drives, recreated the backup configurations, completed a repair-install of Backup Exec, and confirmed all updates had been completed.

Just recently I was able to obtain a copy of the software so I hope to try a complete uninstall/reinstall but I'm wondering if there are any additional suggestions or known solutions to this problem.  From what I researched I located a few other people experiencing but I've yet to find any concrete solutions yet.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

dBackupExec_Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Moved this to the SSR forum.  BESR is not BE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Moved this to the SSR forum.  BESR is not BE.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Can you post the full error message please?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please update!