cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0x80004005 - Unspecified error

MaximusK
Level 4

good afternoon
Installed Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 4 (Windows 2008R2 + Update / SQL Server 2005 SP4 -9.0.5000)
Through LiveUpdate patches installed 217,347.
Randomly error 0x80004005 - Unspecified error, which results in the failure of backup. After reading the forum and the recommendations it all comes down to the article that I TECH53004 requirements fulfilled
And installation of patches 201596, 203574, 205111.
Service Pack 4 (Article: TECH215122) already includes all the necessary patches.
Please help how to conquer this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Why are you triailling Backup Exec 2012 when it is two versions out of date (and has lots of design limitations)? Suggest you try trialling with BE 15 (downloadable from www.backupexec.com) as long as your  environment does not violate either the Hardware or Software Compatibility list conrtent for that version.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

VJware
Level 6

Does the job log contain a more informative message about this "unspecified error" ? If possible, pls attach the job log here.

Any errors in the event viewer of the BE server or the remote server around the time of backup failure ?

MaximusK
Level 4

Hi!

I put a pdf file, it logs from the server

on the remote server there are no records of any logs about BackUP  EXEC

VJware
Level 6

If possible, pls post the ENTIRE, UNEDITED job log. If you do not prefer to post it online, PM it. Similarly for event viewer logs.

Upon a quick glance, the error is around the System State resource. Enabling SGMon debug on both servers (media server and remote server) and then running the backup will help you in narrowing down the cause of failure.

MaximusK
Level 4

how to run a debug mode? I mean if an error occurs at any time to start and wait? my one server installation and combines all the roles.
I have read Article: HOWTO11932

PS look  PM

Colin_Weaver

Just for info 0x80004005 translates as Access Denied - which either means a resource is no longer present,  the credentials are wrong and the backup user does not have the correct permissions to access the resource or something like Anti-Virus is blocking the access. Unfortunately to identify where the access issue is occurring will need debug analysis if the specific file is not mentioned in the job log.

As it seems to be found in the System State resource, the chances are that 3rd party software has left things behind in the registry that no longer exist on the file system and Backup Exec is looking for these items as they are indicated as required for a System State backup - although the symptoms would not be random if it was this issue as they would happen in every System State backup until fixed.

MaximusK
Level 4

good afternoon
Today I once again encountered this error I can ask you for help to deal with the log to find out what is the reason

Information 18.05.2015 21:39:14 Backup Exec 57345 (65535)

Database Exception Context:m_QueryTimeoutInSeconds=30 sql=SELECT [ResourceTypeID],[ResourceSubType],[UsedCount],[ListOfCountedServer] FROM [DBO].[udfGetUsageCountFromHistory](?,?) a1 Error:-536837662: :: -2147217871:Query timeout expired :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xffffffff source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80040e31 Query timeout expired

Information 18.05.2015 21:39:14 Backup Exec 57345 (65535)

Current DbTimeoutValue=30

Information 18.05.2015 21:39:45 Backup Exec 57345 (65535)

Database Exception Context:FillLicenseUsageInformation Error:-536837662: :: -2147217871:Query timeout expired :: DB Error Set 0: native=0xffffffff source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server hr=0x80040e31 Query timeout expired

Colin_Weaver

Please log a formal support case

MaximusK
Level 4

how to do it correctly ? the version SBE to be in a trial in a test environment

Colin_Weaver

Why are you triailling Backup Exec 2012 when it is two versions out of date (and has lots of design limitations)? Suggest you try trialling with BE 15 (downloadable from www.backupexec.com) as long as your  environment does not violate either the Hardware or Software Compatibility list conrtent for that version.

MaximusK
Level 4

offtopic

we have the old software is no longer supported in BE 2015. for my problem, I go to BE15? or ???

Colin_Weaver

That is why I said check the Compatibility List

However please be aware if Backup Exec 2012 is the latest version that still supports your environment then it is unlikely to receive further updates or patches so you might want to look at the feasablity of updating your old software.

Going back to your original issue, it is going to be difficult to look into your problem in depth without a support case so you my have to tallk to your reseller about whether they can arrange for some assistance.

MaximusK
Level 4

I agree to go to BE15, how to do it right?
  Does it fix my problem

sgarder
Not applicable

I have seen this error with multiple 6to4 adapters being installed. Try removing them from device manager, some registry tweaks for the 0x80004005 error can be found at http://appuals.com/best-fix-steps-fix-error-0x80004005/

Moved:

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified